The FMTA is pleased to announce New and Expanded services - Funded through the City of Toronto's Tenant Support Program.
New Hotline Hours and Service
We're excited to let you know that you can now reach our telephone hotline service on weekends. We've got staff available to take calls and answer questions on Saturdays. You can read our updated hours on our hotline page: https://www.torontotenants.org/hotline
We've also changed from a "hotline" service to an expanded "infohub" service, meaning that in addition to reaching us on the phone you can also connect with us over email ([email protected]) or social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
New Outreach and Organizing Services
Our Outreach team has spent decades helping tenants organize to fight above guideline rent increases, saving millions of dollars for tenants off of their rent. Our team is now expanded and also able to help tenants fight:
- Above Guideline Rent increases (AGI's)
- Landlords Own Use evictions (N12)
- Purchasers Own Use evictions (N12)
- Renovictions, demolition and conversion evictions (N13)
- Building-wide Loss of services (landlord removing parking, storage, etc)
- Building wide maintenance issues
- Previous AGI's that have expired
In addition, the Outreach team is now able to help with or provide:
- Tenant Association organizing
- Monthly general educational workshops on tenant rights
New Tenant Association Fund
Part of our new services also include a small annual fund (approx $8K) to help tenant associations with various out of pocket expenses for their operation.
Got questions about our new services?
Email us at [email protected]!