Position: Peer Educator, 1 available position
The Dream Team ‚Äìa group of psychiatric consumer survivors who advocate for more supportive housing ‚Äìis developing a Tenant’s Rights workshop surrounding the Residential Tenancy Act. The workshop will be delivered in a peer to peer format and as a result, we are seeking a Peer Educator to co-facilitate workshops to tenants across the GTA.
Task Force Member Criteria
- Passionate about social housing tenant safety and rights enforcement
- Flexible schedule: ability to prioritize peer education meetings over other responsibilities for duration of project
- Prior experience in workshop facilitation; note-taking considered an asset
- Public speaking skills; ability to engage members of the public and social housing tenants
- Ability to digest large volumes of information: Residential Tenancy Act and other documents
- Proven track record with another grass roots organization
- The following lived experience(s) are considered a strong asset:
- Mental health and/or addiction issues
- Tenant of social or supportive housing
- Living on low-income/ receiving public assistance
Please submit a 1 page application which includes answers to the following questions:
- How extensive is your current knowledge of social housing tenant rights?
- Describe any experience you have with tenant/landlord issues, court process or mediation?
- Why would you like to work on this project?
Please send your resume and application to Courtney via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday January 22nd, 2016. **Please note: you must be available to interview on Friday February 5th, 2016.
Honoraria for training and workshop delivery
For more information, please call:
416-516-1422 ext. 263